Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The Choosing

I feel as though I had been played for a fool.  My brothers have the best hounds, men, and horses in the known world at their disposal, and yet what was offered to me for choosing can only be described as the dregs of the earth.  They have slighted me knowing full well that I have no recourse.
The horses are all either lame, old, or flighty, and I doubt if any of them actually came from my brothers' stables.  Of the hounds three appear to be mongrels with no breeding at all.  The fourth is a young boar hound who lost his right front leg on his first hunt.  Al though scarred and a bit crippled the pup took to me instantly, and shows some promise.
Frankly I am frightened of the men.  I have seen murderers, thieves, and gypsies, but I have never seen a more villainous bunch in all my life.  Their captain seems to be a good man although he is a foreigner.  I feel I can trust him, but he has already confided to me that he has not been long with his men, and cannot vouch for their loyalty.
We traveled half a day West and South, and made camp by a small stream beyond which I have never been.  tomorrow we depart at dawn and begin our journey in earnest.

4 comments:

  1. I like it Flaco you have talent

    ReplyDelete
  2. this seems to come before your last post also you need to decide which time frame you are in . Jord uses phrases like fast forward which comes from using videos.But I am enjoying the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya they arnt exactly cronilogical and Sir Fredrikson is a much beter writer than Jord do to his superior educatin Jord dosent know he cant use that sort of words

      Delete
  3. The posts from Jord and Frederick are not chronological to each other. So you have to follow them separately.

    ReplyDelete