Saturday, September 27, 2014

A King To Be


Being at Belfour castle has been good. As I mingled with the inhabitants of the place, I sought information on the road ahead and on our destination. I didn’t find out anything that I didn’t already know or suspect. As one draws closer to the wild, the settlements become further and further apart and often less friendly to strangers. We weren’t much of a caravan when we set out on this mission to claim Sir Frederikson’s lands and we are now considerably diminished. We have a donkey, a three legged dog and enough warrior rations (a mix of dried meat, fruit and fermented grains) to last us until we reach Risoria, Sir Frederikson’s inheritance. Despite the situation, I have a good feeling about the road ahead. Frederikson has an indomitable spirit and seems to have renewed his resolve to give this enterprise all of his might and will. He will become the count of Risoria and restore it to it’s former glory.
In my traveling I have had the privilege of learning from many great individuals- simple farmers and craftsmen to great lords and kings. They all shared a spark, a love of life and adventure. Frederikson isn’t much to look at, a skinny young man in a rumpled mud splattered cloak and riding a skittish horse, but I have seen that spark in him.
It is my duty as his only servant to gather men for our journey. It will be perilous but it is nothing compared to the the task that lays ahead of taming the land that has been left desolate and become infested with goblins and thieves. If we hope to accomplish anything we will need man power, strong allays and true friends.

1 comment:

  1. Well done I am enjoying them more and more I just figured out how to follow you

    ReplyDelete