Saturday, September 20, 2014

Leaving Again

Jord has been teaching me to fight.  We managed to procure some supplies for our journey, and Jord took it upon himself to buy me a sword.  It is a long thin sword called a rapier.  Apparently taken from a pirate some years back found its way inland to a Belfour armory.  I have never had the arm strength to use the broadswords or battle axes of my own people, but this is as light as a feather.  I am already developing callouses on my hands.
We left Belfour castle this morning, and as I write this we are riding still.  Spook makes it hard to write with all his shying.  I am apprehensive about our prospects going forward, but there is no other option for me.  I either claim my inheritance, or I live a beggar for the rest of my life.  To be completely honest the prospect was beginning to look quite inviting until I met Marie.  I have found a new source of motivation for taking my county.  I suppose I shall have to be a very successful count indeed to turn the head of a Dukes's daughter.
More than likely I am a fool going to a fools death.  Jord says it is better to die a fool chasing the clouds than a wise man lying in the dirt.  I have no idea what he means but it does sound quite poetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment